2017-18 Indoor Season Recap
- USTFCCCA Academic Team Award
- USTFCCCA Scholar Athletes: Nicole Giannetti, Amelia Keyser-Gibson, Katie Sullivan
- All-Mideast Region: Nicole Giannetti (mile), Amelia Keyser-Gibson (mile), Sophie Drew (distance medley relay), Molly Hawkins (distance medley relay), Jolie Jaycobs (distance medley relay), Hannah Yeakey (distance medley relay)
Centennial Conference Championship
- Haverford placed second as a team with 77 points
- Centennial Conference Champions (first-team All-CC): Amelia Keyser-Gibson (mile), Claire Sargent(shot put)
- Second-team All-Centennial Conference (second place): Amelia Keyser-Gibson (5,000 meters), Hannah Doll (4x800 relay), Sophie Drew (4x800 relay), Molly Hawkins (4x800 relay), Hannah Yeakey(4x800 relay)
- Honorable mention All-Centennial Conference (third place): Katie Sullivan (mile), Sophie Drew (DMR), Molly Hawkins (DMR), Jolie Jaycobs (DMR), Hannah Yeakey (DMR)
- Centennial Conference All-Sportsmanship Team: Julia Smith
- Centennial Conference Track Athlete of the Week: Nicole Giannetti (2/5), Amelia Keyser-Gibson (1/29), Taylor Murphy (12/10), Katie Sullivan (1/27)
- Centennial Conference Field Athlete of the Week: Claire Sargent (12/4, 12/10, 1/27)
- Centennial Conference Academic Honor Roll: Emily Anderson, Marisa Antinori, Louise Bednarik, Sophie Drew, Nicole Giannetti, Jolie Jaycobs, Amelia Keyser-Gibson, Alison Love, Sophia Nelson, Tess Oberholtzer, Carlotta Pazzi, Grace Pindzola, Kerry Quigley, Mariana Ramirez, Julia Smith, Katie Sullivan, Sarah Wade, Amy Zamora
- Shot put: Claire Sargent (42 feet, 2 inches)
Season Notes: Haverford has placed first or second as a team at the Centennial Conference Championships during 19 of the conference's 25 indoor championship meets … The Fords have had two or more individual Centennial Conference Champions in 17 of those 25 seasons and just once (2002-03) has Haverford gone without a single individual champion … Amelia Keyser-Gibson won her third conference indoor title with her victory in the mile … Keyser-Gibson also won the 5,000 meters during the 2016 meet and was a member of the Fords' championship DMR that same season … Claire Sargent is a two-time Centennial Conference indoor champion in shot put … She broke the school record during her individual title this winter … Katie Sullivan wraps up her indoor track career as a two-time conference champion, winning the 800 meters in 2016 and the mile in 2017 … The Fords have now won the mile in each of the past three Centennial Conference Championship meets with a different winner in each of those seasons.
The Fords graduate a talented senior class that accounted for numerous All-Centennial Conference and All-American accolades. However, before their spring graduation those seniors will compete in the outdoor track & field season for the Fords. Looking ahead to the 2018-19 academic year, all four legs of Haverford's All-Centennial Conference 4x800 and distance medley relays returns to defend and improve on those conference placements.
2017-18 Indoor Season Preview
A perennial power in both the Centennial Conference and NCAA Division III, the Haverford College women's indoor track & field has sent runners to the NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships during each of the past three seasons with five All-American performances during that time. The Fords have also had multiple Centennial Conference Champions during 20 of the conference's first 24 seasons.
The Fords return All-American distance runners Katie Sullivan and Amelia Keyser-Gibson to headline that group along with a slew of school record holders. Sullivan is already a two-time All-American during the indoor season as part of the third-place DMR in 2016 along with another All-America certificate in the mile last winter when she placed eighth. She is the reigning Centennial Conference Champion in the indoor mile and took home the 800 meter title in 2016. Sullivan ranks second in school history in the mile and third in the 800 meters with her personal best times in those events.
Keyser-Gibson was also on the Fords' All-American DMR during the 2016 season. A distance specialist who is ranked fourth in school history in the 5,000 meters and fifth in the 3,000 meters, Keyser-Gibson won the 5,000 meter race during the indoor conference championships during the 2016 season. Nicole Giannetti is the school record holder in the 3,000 meters and was the conference runner-up during that event last winter. She joined returners Sophie Drew, Amy Zamora, and Keyser-Gibson on the Fords' conference-winning DMR in 2016.
Highlighting the sprinting events for Haverford is reigning Centennial Conference 60 meter hurdle champion Taylor Murphy. The 2016 Centennial Conference Indoor Track & Field Rookie of the Meet, Murphy is ranked second in school history in the hurdles behind only eight-time All-American Aislinn Sowash '07. Murphy is also ranked third in both 60 meter and 200 meter dashes at Haverford. She was a member of the 2016 Centennial Conference Champion 4x200 meter relay which also featured returnees Kerry Quigley and Tess Oberholtzer. Quigley also has an All-America certificate to her credit as the 400 meter leg of the DMR during the historic 2016 season. Captain Marisa Antinori, Sophia Nelson, Mairead Ferry, and Oberholtzer also rank among the top 10 sprinters in school history in their respective dash/hurdle events.
In the field events, captain Claire Sargent will look to return to the top of the conference after a runner-up finish in shot put during the 2017 indoor championship. She won the outdoor title as a junior and tied the school record for indoor shot put during the Fords' first meet of the season. She is also the school's indoor record holder in the shot put. Another key returnee in the field events is school record holder Mairead Ferry in the pole vault.