HAVERFORD, Pa. – The Centennial Conference is celebrating 25 years as one of the elite small college athletic conferences in the country with the announcement of its Silver Anniversary teams. With criteria selected by conference officials, the Silver Anniversary teams are designed to highlight the best of the best over the conference's first quarter-century.
For inclusion on a Silver Anniversary team, a student must have a degree from their institution and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Three-time or four-time first-team All-Centennial performer
- Two-time Centennial Conference Player of the Year
- First-team All-America AND two-time first-team All-Centennial performer
- Two-time All-America (first, second, or third team)
For individual sports such as swimming and track & field, the accomplishments must have occurred in the same event.
On Monday, the Centennial Conference released the list of 34 women's tennis players who were named to the Silver Anniversary team. The Haverford College women's tennis team has positioned itself as a force to be reckoned with in the Centennial Conference with nine playoff appearances in the past 10 years, including the team's first two appearances in the Centennial Conference Championship match during the 2014 and 2018 seasons. With the announcement of the conference's Silver Anniversary team, the Haverford College women's tennis program had three representatives on that team in Alyssa Kennedy '02, Katie Wettick '11, and Caitlin Gallagher '15.
The Conference was founded in 1981 as the Centennial Football Conference and began competition as an all-sports conference in the fall of 1993. The Conference crowns champions in 24 sports.
Haverford College Women's Tennis Silver Anniversary Honorees (by graduation year)
Alyssa Kennedy '02
- 2000 Centennial Conference singles champion
- Three-time first-team All-Centennial Conference in singles (2000, 2001, 2002)
- 2002 Centennial Conference doubles champion
Katie Wettick '11
- Three-time first-team All-Centennial Conference in singles (2009, 2010, 2011)
Caitlin Gallagher '15
- 2013 Centennial Conference Player of the Year
- Three-time first-team All-Centennial Conference in singles (2013, 2014, 2015)