Fords Athletics Career Connections
The Ford Athletics Career Connections group, managed by the Center for Career and Professional Advising (CCPA) and Athletics, is an online community for Haverford students and alumni who are affiliated with Haverford Athletics to connect with one another to gather and share advice and information about career-related events, resources, and opportunities, and to serve as a forum for career-related discussion.
Please visit the CCPA’s Networking and Mentoring page for tips on using LinkedIn and general networking advice.
Presentations to Student-Athletes by Class Year
|Seniors||Thursday, September 12, 2019||7:30 p.m., Bryn Mawr Room|
|Juniors||Thursday, September 26, 2019||7:30 p.m., Bryn Mawr Room|
|Sophomores||Virtual CCPA Email Contest||Fall semester, 2019|
|First Years||Thursday, January 30, 2020||7:30 p.m., Bryn Mawr Room|
First Year Goals and Content
- Your transition to Haverford and how to become an active member of the community: how to get involved in activities outside of athletics, or how to get more involved with your team.
- Discussion on how a liberal arts background gives you valuable transferable skills, i.e. research, team work, writing, problem solving.
- How to be open and flexible to your upcoming summer experience.
- Discussion of how college athletics is a positive experience and provides marketable skills.
- Highlights of CCPA services.
- The benefits of using Haverford Connect and LinkedIn to tap into the alumni network.
Sophomore Goals and Content
- Participate in the CCPA Sophomore Email Contest, containing action items and important information.
- Use Handshake for your summer search, starting early.
- Update your potential career interests in Handshake in order to receive target emails based on your specific interests.
- Gain knowledge on how to tap into the Haverford alumni network through Haverford Connect and LinkedIn.
- Have your resume reviewed as part of the Sophomore Resume Initiative Program.
- Visit CCPA and attend CCPA Events.
Junior Goals and Content
- Receive info on making the most of your important junior summer.
- Strategies on your summer search and starting early.
- Apply to relevant College Internship Funding programs.
- Enhancing your network, utilizing Haverford Connect and LinkedIn.
- Discussion of the benefits of being a part of college athletics – how employers highly regard the time commitment, working with a team, ability to juggle multiple commitments.
- Discussion of the positive aspects of a study abroad experience and how to make the most of the experience.
Senior Goals and Content
- The importance of tapping into the Haverford alumni network by utilizing Haverford Connect and LinkedIn.
- Connect with athletic alumni at the CCPA Session for Senior Athletes; get comfortable interacting and talking with alumni.
- Receive info on launching your job search or grad school process.
- Taking action and being proactive. Pay attention to application deadlines.
- How you can market your participation in college athletics.