2017 Season Review
Signature wins: The Fords (11-8, 5-5 Centennial) qualified for the Centennial Conference Tournament for the third consecutive season and the eighth time overall in 2017. The season started extremely strong with five straight victories to begin the fall, including a 2-0 home opener win against then-No. 18 Alvernia (Sept. 1). Mason McNulty and Roxy Vassighi both scored in the triumph over the visiting Golden Wolves. The Fords matched the second best start in program history with a 5-0 start. Late in the season, faced with the prospect of needing to win out to preserve their playoff hopes, the Fords rattled off four straight victories to close out the regular season, including a 3-2 road triumph at Dickinson (Oct. 21), avenging a playoff loss to the Red Devils a season ago. Paige Powell scored a pair of goals in the win. The Fords qualified for the first round of the Centennial tournament, traveling to Washington College. Haverford picked up a 2-1 overtime victory over the Shorewomen (Oct. 31) senior co-captain Stephanie Terrell scored with 8:39 remaining in the seven-on-seven overtime period to deliver the golden goal victory for the Fords. With the win, the Fords advanced to the semifinals against Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, falling in overtime after controlling momentum for the vast majority of the contest following Alissa Valentine's 10th minute goal.
- NFHCA All-South Region: Stephanie Terrell (second team)
- All-Centennial Conference: Stephanie Terrell (first team), Rachel Gordon (second team), Caroline Aronowitz (honorable mention)
- Centennial Conference Academic Honor Roll: Caroline Aronowitz, Jolie Brakey, Paige Carson, Charlotte Eisenberg, Alexandra Fascione-Hutchins, Rylee Fennell, Rachel Gordon, Mason McNulty, Danielle Rette, Stephanie Terrell, Alissa Valentine
- Centennial Conference All-Sportsmanship Team: Stephanie Terrell
- Centennial Conference Offensive Player of the Week: Mason McNulty (9/11)
- Centennial Conference Defensive Player of the Week: Danielle Rette (10/30)
- Philadelphia Field Hockey Defensive Player of the Week: Danielle Rette (9/11)
- Synapse Sports Defensive Player of the Week: Danielle Rette (9/13 and 10/30)
Season Notes: Haverford reached the Centennial Conference tournament for the third straight season and eighth time in the last nine seasons... . Haverford has now won at least 10 games in seven of head coach Jackie Cox's eight seasons at the helm … Haverford reached the Centennial Conference semifinals for the first time since 2015 … The Fords picked up their first postseason win since a 3-1 decision over Muhlenberg in the first round game in 2013 … The Fords beat Hood Trophy rival Swarthmore for the 12th straight season, dating back to the 2006 campaign .. With the addition of Stephanie Terrell to the ranks of the All-Centennial first team, Haverford has now had 14 first team players in the history of the program … The senior class of 2018 combined for 40 total wins and three conference tournament appearances.
Looking forward: Haverford will be tasked with replacing a sizeable senior class that included the leadership of Terrell and her fellow captains Jolie Brakey, Paige Carson and Danielle Rette. Rette emerged as a stalwart between the pipes in her final two seasons with the program. Sunny Truslow, who learned this season under the tutelage of Rette, is the lone returning goalkeeper on the roster. Mason McNulty will return for her senior season as a top goal scoring threat while Rachel Gordon and Caroline Aronowitz will both return for their junior seasons after earning All-Centennial accolades. The Fords return the majority of their scoring offense, with 34 goals from returning players.